Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hey vs. Hi

I'm sitting at a cafe listening to young girls, roughly 18 - 20 years of age, gossiping over a guy who is sending one of them text messages. They are trying to decode what his message means and whether or not she should text him back. Five minutes of giggling/squealing later, she has now decided to write back. Now the conversation is about whether or not she should start by saying "hey or hi". I want to let her know that truthfully, it doesn't matter.

Oh to be that young again. Wait, my girlfriends and I still do that. Why?! I am pretty sure that whatever he said, it does not need to be decoded. As much as I hate to admit it, men aren't as complicated as we make them out to be.

When it comes to guys and trying to figure them out through texts, ladies (and gents), let it go. Breakup with the "text decoding". You'll never get to know someone that way. Trust me, I have made many "what does he mean in this text" mistakes and in the end, it's not worth it. Say what you want to say in person or over the phone. If you have the guts to that is.

Now when it comes to chatting about guys at cafes, carry on with that. It's fun for you and friends...and for those eavesdropping.



No comments:

Post a Comment