Thursday, July 16, 2009

i am grateful

I just want to make a few things clear.  I do understand this is not the end of the world and I will move forward.  I am grateful for many things and life is good for me.  I have a roof over my head, food to eat, clothing, a job, family, friends, and most importantly a God that loves me.  I don't want to come off as "woe is me".  I mean this is just a little wound in the grand scheme of things.  But don't all wounds need to be healed?

From time to time, I will make sure to blog about things I am grateful for.  They might be serious things like family or silly like...

French Macarons
I am grateful for the wonderful French treat that is both delicious and beautiful.  In my opinion, the best macaron comes from Ladureé.  Specifically on Rue Royale in Paris, France.  If you haven't tried this delightful treat, I suggest you do.










1 comment:

  1. i'm not sure if this is true but my mother has always told me, no matter what my trouble has been, to make a list of things i was grateful for. If you make a list of the things you are grateful for, you start to appreciate more what you have and think less about this sense of not-having.

    anyways, i propose you start a list and you can have everyone on the world wide web to help you out.

    for starters, i've thought of a few (slightly superficial) but good items:

    1. Gossip Girl.
    Where would C and E every be without their imaginary gang of high society BFFs?

    2. Cute pyjamas. rest confident that no other girl in SF is going to bed at night dressed nearly as cute as you!

    3. This isn't nice...ok its actually really not very nice at all, BUT! you're not into lizards, bee keeping or hemp shower curtains.

    4. You love French! and not one person can take that away from you!

    5. I love you!

    ok! list number 1 is ready to go!

    ReplyDelete