Saturday, August 29, 2009

run.


Excuse me while a take a moment alone.
A moment to get lost in the sound of my breath, my music, 
And my feet hitting the pavement.
A time for me to sweat it out.
Breathing in fresh air and breathing out stress.
Feeling myself supported and guided by the wind.
Challenging my own physical strength, while clearing my mind.

Excuse me while I take a moment to run.
Not running away from life's woes,
Running toward them and defeating them. One mile at a time.
Not letting troubles get the best of me, 
But ultimately finding the best of me through my troubles.

Excuse those for mistaking me for being weak.
They seem to not know this very important thing:
As I run, my mind, body, and soul is getting stronger.

Now, excuse me, I need to run...

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this in January and you have inspired me to go out in the 30 degree weather and also find the best of me through my troubles IN THE COLD! wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think, when you run, your body will heat up at least 20º! Glad I could inspire you! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete