Sunday, August 2, 2009

relevé

Relevé, Fr., literally means "lifted".  In ballet it means rising from any position to balance on one or both feet.  

I've been making sure to do little activities that keep me happy.  I have been running, reading, attending mass, and yes, blogging.  Today I kept on with the "make myself happy" spirit and returned to ballet class.  At 10am on a Sunday, the last thing my body wanted to do was wake up for a hard and time consuming workout.  But I must say, I absolutely loved every minute of it.  Although my skills are only at a beginners level, I still enjoy it.  The goal is not to become a ballerina.  I am hoping to apply what I learn in ballet to everyday life.  Learning difficult and demanding positions, all while keeping myself poised and graceful.  Presenting myself with new challenges and confronting them with a smile on my face.  Learning how to keep balanced when situations get me down.  Learning how to relevé...

No comments:

Post a Comment