Tuesday, August 11, 2009

life is a highway

No matter what situations you're in, someone will most likely use a metaphor along the way.  I am guilty of saying, but also being told things like, "life is a roller coaster, you'll have ups and downs" and "the grass is always greener on the other side".  Sometimes it just works to use them.  Lately there has been one metaphor that has been on my mind, "life is a highway".  During hard times, life can also be full of road blocks, surprising pot holes, accidents, and other fools on the road.  But we have to adapt and learn how to avoid these dangers and keep ourselves (and perhaps any passengers) safe.  During the good times in life you may hit every green light, encounter only light/smooth traffic light, and you may even here good music along the way.  All of these little adventures on the "highway" will eventually take you to another place in your life.  Whether it's a new city or just a new attitude, you will learn a lot on your journey there. While thinking about all of this, I couldn't help but realize, "hey, if life is a highway, I cannot legally drive on it".  Why is that?  Well folks, I've never had a drivers license.  Go ahead, laugh it out.  I am slightly embarrassed, but the truth is, I never really needed it.  But thinking about this type of 'freedom' I was missing out on, I decided enough was enough.  I took my driving test this morning.  Yes, I passed.

Beep Beep.  Look who has the green light now...moi.




1 comment: