Tuesday, August 4, 2009

yael naim - too long

Why is it when you're going through a breakup, every song speaks to you?  A song comes on and we automatically relate to it.  It's like the artist wrote it for our healing process.  I listen to the following song and I think this represents what I chose to do.  I chose to find myself first and realized I wasn't strong enough to be in the relationship.  Is that really the message she is putting out there?  Who knows.  But maybe we become so absorbed with the breakup, that we make everything relatable.  No, that can't be it.  I'm pretty sure Yael Naim knew I would be going through this and she made her entire album for me.

I'ved waited for so long 
Outside myself
You see I was pretending 
To be someone else
I was longing to see 
Who I wanted to be


And I've been waiting on my own
I've been waiting for too long
Not strong enough to be with you
And I've been making up my world
I've been painting it with gold
Not strong enough to see you

- Yael Naim, Too Long.
Check out the video below!

No comments:

Post a Comment